Passau-Budapest-Passau: MS-SE Manon
From Passau to Budapest sailing on the Danube
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Meals included
- Total cycling distance: approx. 255 km
Arrival in Passau
Individual arrival in Passau. Embarkation from approximately 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Departure to Engelhartszell around 7 pm, arrival around 9 pm.
In Engelhartszell (Austria's only Trappist monastery), the cycling tour through the romantic river landscape of the Danube begins one of the most beautiful parts of the Danube with dreamy villages at the foot of lush green wooded slopes. In Brandstatt you will board again and continue the journey by ship to Bratislava.
Arrival by ship in Bratislava around 09:00. Cycle tour from Bratislava via Hainburg to the imposing Hofkasteel with its beautiful terraced garden and then back to Bratislava via Devin. Tip: take the Oldtimer train through the magical old town. Enjoy beautiful panoramic views of Slovakia's capital from Bratislava Castle. At around 8:30 PM, you will sail on to Budapest.
PAY ATTENTION! In Slovakia, a bicycle helmet is mandatory outside built-up areas. You can bring this yourself or it can be purchased on board for €25
Early risers enjoy fantastic views of the majestic scenery of the Danube Bend from the sundeck and the breathtaking panorama, parliament and imposing bridges of Budapest. Arrive in Budapest around 09:00 am. Explore the countless sights of Budapest or take a bike ride to the small artist town of Szentendre with its lovingly restored Old Town, numerous churches and art galleries. At night the ship sails to Visegrad.
Visegrad – Esztergom
The bike ride through the Danube Bend is also a journey through the history of Hungary. From the former royal seat of Visegrad, you will cycle through the picturesque, gently rolling countryside of the Hungarian Wachau to Esztergom, where the magnificent basilica towers high above the castle. There are two cycling routes to choose from: the longer version, suitable only for experienced cyclists, includes a detour to the island of Szentendre and the baroque town of Vác, and the shorter route leads directly to Esztergom. The ship departs for Vienna around 4 pm.
Vienna / Nussdorf
Today is the time to discover the beauty of Vienna: perhaps the Hofburg, St. Stephen's Cathedral, the ring Boulevard with the State Opera, the Burgtheater or the Town Hall? Around 11 pm you will sail on to Dürnstein or Rossatz in the beautiful Wachau.
Wachau – Melk – Pöchlarn
The rolling hilly landscape with hidden dreamy villages, wine terraces, castles, monasteries and ruins has already enchanted everyone. Towering above the baroque town of Dürnstein is the church's blue tower, a symbol of the Wachau. In the afternoon, visit the imposing Melk Abbey, one of the most important Baroque buildings in Austria. You will board again in Pöchlarn. In the evening a festive farewell dinner, while the ship sails you back to Passau.
Return trip or extension
You will reach Passau around 10:00 a.m. relaxed and rested. Then disembarkation and individual journey home.
The well-developed Danube Cycle Path runs along flat terrain with no significant slopes and is suitable for everyone. And if you need a break, just stay on board for a day and enjoy the scenery passing by from the sundeck.
| Season 1 |
| Season 2 |
05.05.2023 | 12.05.2023 | 19.05.2023 | 26.05.2023 | 02.06.2023 | 09.06.2023 | 11.08.2023 | 18.08.2023 | 25.08.2023 | 01.09.2023 | 08.09.2023 | 15.09.2023 |
|Passau - Budapest - Passau, MS SE-Manon, Main Deck, DE-DOSBM-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Fixed price in double cabin for single use||1,329.00||1,459.00|
|Passau - Budapest - Passau, MS SE-Manon, Middle Deck, DE-DOSBM-08I-M|
|Base price|| |
|Fixed price in double cabin for single use||1,589.00||1,719.00|
|Passau - Budapest - Passau, MS SE-Manon, Upper Deck, DE-DOSBM-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Fixed price in double cabin for single use||1,719.00||1,849.00|
- 7 nights in an outside cabin of the MS SE-Manon in the selected cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x lunch (package), 6x coffee/tea in the afternoon, 6x 3-course dinner, 1x farewell dinner
- Welcome cocktail
- Daily live music
- Daily bike tour meeting
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- GPS data available on request
- SE-Tours tour guide
- Bike rental
- Personal expenses
- Airport: Munich or Nuremberg Airport(s)
- Train: Passau station, approx. 5 km from the pier
- Parking: Parking (fenced outdoor area) including transfer to the ship and back €75 per week. Parking garage including transfer to the ship and back €87 per week. https://globus-group.de/en/our-services-passau Book online.
- A minimum number of 90 people applies for this trip (at least 21 days before departure)
- Embarkation takes place between 4-5 p.m., disembarkation after breakfast no later than 11:30 a.m.
- Bicycles on board are equipped with a hand brake, freewheel or coaster brake (limited availability, please specify when booking as a non-binding preference) and bicycle bag
- It is possible to bring your own bicycles, but due to the limited space on the sundeck, you can only bring your own bicycle on request and only to a limited extent. Any damage to your bike is at your own risk
- Daily cycling tours are individual and unaccompanied, the tour guide remains on board. It is not mandatory to cycle the route, you can also stay on board and sail to the next port
- This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- If the cycling stages and rest times allow, an excursion program is offered, this can only be booked on board and paid in cash. Depending on the composition of the participants, the excursions can be offered bilingually German-English
- Sailing times, schedule and program changes are in principle reserved. For example, if a route cannot be completed due to low tide, high tide or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a valid reason to cancel your trip free of charge)
- Engine and generator noises can be heard in the cabins at the front and rear of the ship
- Because the reception of WIFI on board is poor to very bad while sailing, no WIFI is offered. We recommend that you temporarily extend the coverage area of your mobile subscription with your provider
- In Slovakia a bicycle helmet is mandatory outside built-up areas, bring your own or buy it on board for €25
All 75 cabins (approx. 14m²) are outside cabins and comfortably furnished. They have a shower/toilet * (* cabin 306, 307, 308, 309 with bath), satellite TV, safe, hairdryer, telephone, minibar and individually adjustable air conditioning. Upper deck: cabins with French balconies (= windows that can be opened completely). Middle deck: The large panoramic windows can be opened. Main deck: The small windows cannot be opened (height approx. 40 cm).