Electric bikes are available on all of our cycle tours and are ideal for those looking to go on a cycling holiday for the first time or those looking to take on longer tours on more difficult routes. They are changing the way people go on cycling holidays and opening up new route possibilities and options.
We do recommend being a confident cyclist when renting an electric bike as the brakes are sharp and the bikes are heavier than normal.
Our electric bikes have a battery range of between 120 and 180 kilometres depending on the power option selected. It is important to note that these are not motorbikes or mopeds and you will need to pedal to receive the electric support. The motor will assist up to 25 km/h to help you get up to speed and then you are on the way!
With our electric bikes, you can enjoy cycling with newfound freedom. They are really fun to use and open up new route possibilities particularly if the route profile is hilly or has longer distances to cover.
You do not need a driving licence to use an e-bike and the electric bike can support you up to 25 km per hour. The operation itself is simple and the e-bike is easy to ride for anyone after a short explanation by one of our team. An LED screen gives detailed information about the battery status, the mode used and the total distance covered during the day.
Our e-bikes are powered by an electric motor. The motor is mounted in the crankshaft as a so-called mid-engine. The power supply to the electric motor is provided by a removable battery that is made by a quality manufacturer such as Bosch or Panasonic. You can easily charge up the battery in your hotel room or at a charging point (if available).
Included with each rental bike, we include matching accessories that are optimally matched to our bikes and are particularly robust and solid. We source our accessories from well-known quality manufacturers such as Vaude. Local support is available in case of problems such as punctures.
- Saddlebag (water-repellent)
- Handlebar bag (water-repellent)
- Service kit with tools and spare tyre
- Air pump
- Combination lock
- Battery charging cables
- Dimensions: 28-inch bicycle with a total weight of approx. 23 kg
- 8-gear hub: Ideal for different terrains
- Electric motor: Due to the position of the mid-engine at the bottom bracket the centre of gravity is lower and the weight is well-distributed.
- Battery: The rechargeable battery can be easily unclipped from the frame and has a range of 120 to 180 kilometres depending on the chosen setting.
- Digital displays: The bike computer is equipped with a premium LED display to tell you how much charge you have remaining. Choice of three cruising speeds at the touch of a button.