Cruising and cycling along Europe's famous river
The River Rhine is one of Europe's main arteries and arguably its most famous river. Stretching from Switzerland to Holland, the river is divided up into the High Rhine, Upper Rhine, Middle Rhine, and Lower Rhine before flowing out into the North Sea.
Next to the Rhine runs the Rhine Cycle Route which stretches for over 1200 kilometres. The route also forms part of the wider EuroVelo network and is one of the finest cycle paths in Europe. The river cruise will stop off at several famous towns and cities such as Mainz, Cologne, Strasbourg, and Rudesheim along the way with plenty of time to explore by bike.
If you are looking for a way to see lots of different things, wake up in new places and still have time to cycle, then a Bike and Boat holiday is for you. Sailing along some of Europe's most popular and unique rivers, this type of holiday has become popular with more and more people discovering the joys of a Bike and Boat holiday.
These holidays combine the best of river cruising where you sail from dock to dock, but instead of walking around a city centre or historic area, you'll have time to ride to the next destination or do a circular ride by bike in the nearby surroundings.
Take a look at our short video that captures some of the scenes of life on a Bike and Boat holiday and why you should experience this kind of tour for the first time.
During the day, you cycle along beautiful rivers at your leisure, and in the evening, you’ll be able to enjoy life aboard a river cruise ship. This is the ideal way to combine a cycling holiday with river cruising. Sit and relax on the sundeck and enjoy the onboard facilities while the ship cruises along some of Europe's most famous rivers and waterways. You’ll get the chance to get off the ship each day to explore the riverside cycle routes.
Whilst you relax in the comfortable cabin, your chosen boat takes you to your next stop of tour. That way you arrive effortlessly at the most stunning spots on the route. The start of the cycling tours could not be more comfortable: starting directly from your ‘floating hotel’. You'll wake up with a different view each day.
- Combine the best of river cruising with a cycling holiday
- Stay on board your floating hotel with no need to unpack every day
- Enjoy breakfasts, make your packed lunches and enjoy evening meals every night
- Cycle solo, in groups with new friends or stay on the ship
- All ships have an individual character
- Rent quality rental bikes with e-bikes available on each tour
- Sail and cycle in beautiful landscapes
- Dedicated UK-based booking team for booking guidance
- Logistics organised by the Eurofun Group, based in Austria
- Call 0044(0)1706 618 155 or contact us via the website