Cruising and cycling from Passau to Budapest
The Danube is the second longest river in Europe and connects ten countries to the Black Sea. Several major capital cities including Vienna, Budapest, and Bratislava can be explored by bike as they are directly located on the river. Our Bike and Boat tours along the River Danube cover a popular section from Passau in Germany to Budapest in Hungary on a choice of ships.
You'll also be able to see the Danube Bend and visit the Wachau wine region as there is plenty of time to explore the nearby towns and cities by bike. There are excellent pre-planned Danube cycle routes to follow each day and the Danube Cycle Path is one of Europe's most popular cycling holiday destinations.
If you are looking for a way to see lots of different things, wake up in new places and still have time to cycle, then a Bike and Boat holiday is for you. Sailing along some of Europe's most popular and unique rivers, this type of holiday has become popular with more and more people discovering the joys of a Bike and Boat holiday.
These holidays combine the best of river cruising where you sail from dock to dock, but instead of walking around a city centre or historic area, you'll have time to ride to the next destination or do a circular ride by bike in the nearby surroundings.
Take a look at our short video that captures some of the scenes of life on a Bike and Boat holiday and why you should experience this kind of tour for the first time.
During the day, you cycle along beautiful rivers at your leisure, and in the evening, you’ll be able to enjoy life aboard a river cruise ship. This is the ideal way to combine a cycling holiday with river cruising. Sit and relax on the sundeck and enjoy the onboard facilities while the ship cruises along some of Europe's most famous rivers and waterways. You’ll get the chance to get off the ship each day to explore the riverside cycle routes.
Whilst you relax in the comfortable cabin, your chosen boat takes you to your next stop of tour. That way you arrive effortlessly at the most stunning spots on the route. The start of the cycling tours could not be more comfortable: starting directly from your ‘floating hotel’. You'll wake up with a different view each day.
- Combine the best of river cruising with a cycling holiday
- Stay on board your floating hotel with no need to unpack every day
- Enjoy breakfasts, make your packed lunches and enjoy evening meals every night
- Cycle solo, in groups with new friends or stay on the ship
- All ships have an individual character
- Rent quality rental bikes with e-bikes available on each tour
- Sail and cycle in beautiful landscapes
- Dedicated UK-based booking team for booking guidance
- Logistics organised by the Eurofun Group, based in Austria
- Call 0044(0)1706 618 155 or contact us via the website