Passau-Budapest-Passau: MS Prinzessin Katharina
From Passau to Budapest on the Danube Cycle Path
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Meals included
- Total cycling distance: approx. 203 km
Arrival in Passau
Individual arrival in Passau. Embarkation from approximately 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Departure to Engelhartszell around 7 pm, arrival around 10 pm.
In Engelhartszell (Austria's only Trappist monastery), the cycling tour through the romantic river landscape of the Danube begins one of the most beautiful parts of the Danube with dreamy villages at the foot of lush green wooded slopes. In Brandstatt you will board again and continue the journey by ship.
Arrival by ship in Bratislava around noon. Discover the small vibrant capital of Slovakia today. Tip: Enjoy beautiful panoramic views from Pressburg and take a ride through the enchanting old town on the vintage train. You can also explore the city on a guided bike tour. At night you will sail on to Budapest.
Early risers enjoy fantastic views of the majestic scenery of the Danube Bend from the sundeck and the breathtaking panorama of Budapest. Explore the countless sights of Budapest or take a bike ride to the small artist town of Szentendre with its lovingly restored Old Town, countless churches and art galleries. Sailing at night to Visegrad.
Visegrad – Esztergom
The bike ride through the Danube Bend is also a journey through the history of Hungary. From the former royal seat of Visegrad, you will cycle through the picturesque, gently rolling countryside of the Hungarian Wachau to Esztergom, where the magnificent basilica towers high above the castle. There are two cycling routes to choose from: the longer version includes a detour to the island of Szentendre and the Baroque town of Vác, and the shorter route leads directly to Esztergom. Sail to Vienna at night.
Today is the time to discover the beauty of Vienna: perhaps the Hofburg, St. Stephen's Cathedral, the ring Boulevard with the State Opera, the Burgtheater or the Town Hall? In the night you sail on to Dürnstein or Rossatz in the beautiful Wachau.
Wachau – Melk – Pöchlarn
The rolling hilly landscape with hidden dreamy villages, wine terraces, castles, monasteries and ruins has already enchanted everyone. Towering above the baroque town of Dürnstein is the church's blue tower, a symbol of the Wachau. In the afternoon, visit the imposing Melk Abbey, one of the most important Baroque buildings in Austria. You will board again in Pöchlarn. In the evening a festive farewell dinner. At night you will sail back to Passau.
Return trip or extension
You will reach Passau around 10:00 a.m. relaxed and rested. Then disembarkation and individual journey home.
The well-developed Danube Cycle Path has flat terrain with no significant inclines and is suitable for everyone. And if you need a break, just stay on board for a day and enjoy the scenery passing by from the sundeck.
| Season 1 |
15.04.2023 | 07.10.2023 |
| Season 2 |
29.04.2023 | 23.09.2023 |
| Season 3 |
10.06.2023 | 24.06.2023 | 08.07.2023 | 22.07.2023 | 05.08.2023 |
|Passau - Budapest - Passau, MS Prinzessin Katharina, Main Deck, DE-DOSBP-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Fixed price for double room in single use||1,199.00||1,329.00||1,459.00|
|Passau - Budapest - Passau, MS Prinzessin Katharina, Upper deck, DE-DOSBP-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Single cabin surcharge||1,239.00||1,329.00||1,419.00|
- 7 nights in outside cabins on board the MS Prinzessin Katharina in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunch for cycling or lunch snack, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course evening menu
- Welcome cocktail
- Daily live music
- Daily bike tour meeting
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- GPS data available on request
- SE-Tours tour guide
- Bike rental
- Personal expenses
- Airport: Munich or Nuremberg Airport(s)
- Train: Passau station, approx. 5 km from the pier
- Parking: Parking (fenced outdoor area) including transfer to the ship and back €75 per week. Parking garage including transfer to the ship and back €87 per week. Registration form with the travel documents, to be paid on site
- A minimum number of 80 people applies for this trip (at least 21 days before departure)
- Embarkation takes place between 4-5 p.m., disembarkation after breakfast no later than 11:30 a.m.
- Bicycles on board are equipped with a hand brake, freewheel or coaster brake (limited availability, please specify when booking as a non-binding preference) and bicycle bag
- It is possible to bring your own bicycles, due to the limited space on the sundeck you can only bring your own bicycle on request and only to a limited extent. Any damage to your bike is at your own risk
- Daily cycling tours are individual and unaccompanied, the tour guide remains on board. It is not mandatory to cycle the route, you can also stay on board and sail to the next port
- This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- If the cycling stages and rest times allow, an excursion program is offered, this can only be booked on board and paid in cash. Depending on the composition of the participants, the excursions can be offered bilingually German-English
- Sailing times, schedule and program changes are in principle reserved. For example, if a route cannot be completed due to low tide, high tide or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a valid reason to cancel your trip free of charge)
- Engine and generator noises can be heard in the cabins at the front and rear of the ship
- In Slovakia, a bicycle helmet is mandatory outside built-up areas, bring your own or buy it on board for €40
MS PRINZESSIN KATHARINA☀☀☀☀
The comfortable MS Prinzessin Katharina provides the right ambience to make you feel at ease. On board the premium ship you can expect classic elegance, a tasteful interior and a friendly crew.