Baltic Sea to Berlin: MS Princess
Cycling and sailing from the Baltic coast to Berlin
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Meals included
- Total cycling distance: approx. 165 km
Arrival in Stralsund
Individual arrival in Stralsund. Embarkation from 16:00. Perhaps you still have the time and inclination to take a walk through the old centre of Stralsund, which is located on an island. Due to the city's significant past, you will encounter extraordinary sights everywhere.
Your cycling tour takes you from Stralsund via the Rügendamm to Gustow with the famous village church. Via Poseritz, Groß Schoritz (the birthplace of Ernst Moritz Arndt) Garz and Putbus to Lauterbach in the southeast of Rügen. Your ship is waiting for you here. Tip: you should not miss the famous Circus in Putbus. Neoclassical buildings line this circular square where all the streets converge. Departure to Usedom at 6.30 pm.
Peenemünde – Wolgast
Today the island of Usedom is on the program. Tip: Historical-Technical Museum in the former power station or in good weather the longer "Beach Route" over Trassenheide and Zinnowitz for a refreshing dip in the Baltic Sea. You then cycle via Karlshagen-Hafen and Zecherin to Wolgast, also known as the 'Gateway to the Island of Usedom'. The medieval old town with the town hall and St. Peter's Church is certainly worth seeing.
Today you will spend the whole day on board. You cross the vast Szczecin Lagoon (Oderhaff) and reach Szczecin, the green city at the mouth of the Oder and one of the largest ports on the Baltic Sea. Worth seeing is the reconstructed castle of the Pomeranian dukes in the old town. Tip: Experience Szczecin on a city tour (optional, about €9 per person).
In the morning, a boat trip from Szczecin to Mescherin. Via Gartz, you will cycle to the unique cross-border protected area "Internationalpark Unteres Odertal", through which you will pass before reaching Schwedt, your destination today.
In the morning by ship from Schwedt to Hohensaaten. Then you cycle in the direction of Niederfinow (boat lift - a visit is always possible) through small hills, open fields and forests, which together form a beautiful landscape, the last part on the Treidel cycle path along the Finow Canal, to Eberswalde. In the heart of the city, in the Finow Canal, is Germany's oldest working lock, which has been a technical monument since 1978.
In the morning a boat trip to Oranienburg. Your last bike ride today will take you from Oranienburg (worth seeing: the baroque palace with park, museum and orangery) via the well-developed bike path south through the Ruppin Lake District to Berlin.
Return trip or extension
Disembarkation until 09:00 and return journey.
This tour can be made by anyone with average fitness. You drive on mainly car-free paths, agricultural roads with little traffic and paved bicycle paths, but also on sandy fields and forest paths. The route is mostly flat, but some steeper ascents and descents must be overcome. Incidentally, they are certainly no challenge with an e-bike.
| Season 1 |
20.05.2023 | 03.06.2023 | 17.06.2023 | 01.07.2023 | 15.07.2023 | 29.07.2023 | 12.08.2023 | 26.08.2023 | 09.09.2023 |
|Stralsund - Berlin, MS Princess, Upper Deck, DE-ODSSB-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Stralsund - Berlin, MS Princess, DE-ODSSB-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|2-person cabin in the front or in the back||849.00|
- 7 nights in outside cabins on board the MS Princess in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunch for cycling or lunch snack, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course evening menu
- Welcome cocktail
- Daily bike tour meeting
- Travel folder 1x per room (German, with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- GPS data available on request
- SE-Tours tour guide
- Bike rental
- Personal expenses
- Airport: Berlin
- Train: Stralsund Triebseer Damm station, approx. 4 km from the pier
- Parking: Parking garages near the berth: See-, Hafenstraße, Hafeninsel, Parkhaus am Ozeaneum, approx. €28 for the first two days, €6 each additional day. No reservation possible
- A minimum number of 70 people applies for this trip (at least 21 days before departure)
- Embarkation takes place from 4 p.m., disembarkation after breakfast no later than 9 a.m.
- Bicycles on board are equipped with a hand brake, freewheel or coaster brake (limited availability, please specify when booking as a non-binding preference) and bicycle bag
- It is possible to bring your own bicycles, but due to the limited space on the sundeck you can only bring your own bicycle on request and only to a limited extent. Any damage to your bike is at your own risk
- Daily cycling tours are individual and unaccompanied, the tour guide remains on board. It is not mandatory to cycle the route, you can also stay on board and sail to the next port
- This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- If the cycling stages and rest times allow, an excursion program is offered, this can only be booked on board and paid in cash. Depending on the composition of the participants, the excursions can be offered bilingually German-English
- Sailing times, schedule and program changes are in principle reserved. For example, if a route cannot be completed due to low tide, high tide or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a valid reason to cancel your trip free of charge)
- Engine and generator noises can be heard in the cabins at the front and rear of the ship
On Board of the MS Princess from metropolis city Berlin via Oranienburg and Eberswalde to Schwedt. Your aim is the old city of Stralsund