Berlin to the Baltic Coast: MS Princess
Sailing and cycling from Berlin to Stralsund
Arrival in Berlin
Individual arrival in Berlin. Boarding is at 4 PM, if you arrive early in Berlin you will still have time for a walk on Kurfürstendamm, through the Nicolai quarter on the island of Spree or visit the Brandenburg Gate. The possibilities in Berlin are almost endless, you can also book an extra night prior to this sailing and cycling holiday to explore this special city in detail. On board, you will be welcomed by the captain and his crew while enjoying a welcome drink.
The well-marked cycle route winds north through the Ruppiner Lake District, along the Havel Canals to Oranienburg. Visit Oranienburg Palace, Brandenburg's oldest baroque castle. This is your boarding point where you will board again. Enjoy the beautiful view from the sundeck as the ship sails to Eberswalde. In the heart of the city, in the Finow Canal, is Germany's oldest working lock, which has been a technical monument since 1978.
Eberswalde – Schwedt
The Treidel cycle path along the Finow Canal takes you through beautiful countryside, forests, open plains and gentle hills towards Niederfinow. Here you will find Germany's oldest ship lift that is still in use and overcomes a height difference of 36 meters, an inspection of this historic monument is always possible. You continue the cycle route to Hohensaaten where you get back on board and continue to Schwedt, the gateway to the Unteres Odertal National Park. If you still have energy left, you can also cycle from Hohensaaten to Schwedt, approx. 32km.
Schwedt – Stettin
Today a sailing day is on the program and you will spend the whole day on board. Crossing the vast Szczecin Lagoon (Oderhaff), you reach Stettin (Polish: Szczecin), the green city at the mouth of the Oder, known for its shipping tradition and one of the largest ports on the Baltic Sea. Visit the medieval castle of the Pomeranian Dukes, the impressive building of the Philharmonic that resembles a crystal and the "Waly Chrobrego" boulevards, with a terrace of no less than 500 meters. Discover the fascinating history of Szczecin on a city tour (optional, approx. €9 per person).
Stettin – Wolgast
Today you will once again enjoy the beautiful view from the ship. After a final narrow passage, the ship reaches the vast water surface of the Szczecin Lagoon (German: Oderhaff, Stettiner Haff). The second largest lagoon in the Baltic Sea is located on the border of Poland and Germany. After the crossing, you will reach Wolgast, the "gate to the island of Usedom". This medieval town with the town hall and Petrikirche is definitely worth a visit.
Wolgast – Lauterbach
In the morning you cycle via Zecherin, the port of Karlshagen to Peenemünde (tip: Historical-Technical Museum in the former power station). In good weather, the somewhat longer "beach route" via Zinnowitz and Trassenheide is also worthwhile. In Peenemünde, you go back on board. Boat trip to Lauterbach in the southeast of the island of Rügen around 6:00 PM (arrival around 9:00 PM).
Lauterbach – Stralsund
A visit to the nearby town of Putbus, approx. 2 km, with its famous "Circus" is not to be missed. Classicist buildings line this circular square where all the streets converge. Today's cycling tour takes you via Putbus, Garz, Groß Schoritz, the birthplace of Ernst Moritz Arndt, Poseritz and Gustow with the famous village church over the Rügen dam to Stralsund, where you will meet your ship again. During a walk through the historic old town of the Hanseatic city, located on an island, you will come across special sights time and again.
Return trip or extension
Disembarkation until 09:00 and return journey.
Enjoy cycling, this trip can be made by anyone with average fitness. You drive on mainly car-free paths, agricultural roads with little traffic and paved bicycle paths, but also on sandy fields and forest paths. The route is mostly flat, but some steeper ascents and descents must be overcome. Incidentally, they are certainly no challenge with an e-bike.
| Season 1 |
13.05.2023 | 27.05.2023 | 10.06.2023 | 24.06.2023 | 08.07.2023 | 22.07.2023 | 05.08.2023 | 19.08.2023 | 02.09.2023 | 16.09.2023 |
|Berlin - Stralsund, MS Princess, Main Deck, DE-ODSBS-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|2-person cabin in the front or in the back||849.00|
|Berlin - Stralsund, MS Princess, Upper Deck, DE-ODSBS-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
- 7 nights in outside cabins on board the MS Princess in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunch for cycling or lunch snack, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course evening menu
- Welcome cocktail
- Daily bike tour meeting
- Travel folder 1x per room (German, with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- GPS data available on request
- SE-Tours tour guide
- Bike rental
- Personal expenses
- Airport: Berlin airport
- Train: Berlin-Spandau, then the underground and S-Bahn to Berlin-Tegel, approx. 1 km from the pier
- Parking: Parking garages Hallen am Borsigturm, approx. €10 per day, no reservation possible. Various other parking options approximately 800m from the pier
- Return: Train journey Stralsund-Berlin approx. €25 per person, journey time approx. 3 hours without having to change trains. See www.omio.com
- A minimum number of 70 people applies for this trip (at least 21 days before departure)
- Embarkation takes place from 4 p.m, and disembarkation after breakfast no later than 9 a.m.
- Bicycles on board are equipped with a hand brake, freewheel or coaster brake (limited availability, please specify when booking as a non-binding preference) and bicycle bag
- It is possible to bring your bicycles, but due to the limited space on the sundeck, you can only bring your bicycle on request and only to a limited extent. Any damage to your bike is at your own risk
- Daily cycling tours are individual and unaccompanied, the tour guide remains on board. It is not mandatory to cycle the route, you can also stay on board and sail to the next port
- This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- If the cycling stages and rest times allow, an excursion program is offered, this can only be booked on board and paid in cash. Depending on the composition of the participants, the excursions can be offered bilingually German-English
- Sailing times, schedule and program changes are in principle reserved. For example, if a route cannot be completed due to low tide, high tide or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a valid reason to cancel your trip free of charge)
- Engine and generator noises can be heard in the cabins at the front and rear of the ship
On Board of the MS Princess from metropolis city Berlin via Oranienburg and Eberswalde to Schwedt. Your aim is the old city of Stralsund