Cologne to Mainz: MS Olympia
Explore the Rhine on board the MS Olympia
Arrival in Cologne
Individual arrival in Cologne. Embarkation from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Enjoy the evening at your leisure on board or with a 'Kölsch' in one of the pubs overlooking the Rhine.
Cologne – Bonn
Before your first bike ride, take the opportunity to take a short walk through the Old Town. Then you will cycle to the Beethoven city of Bonn, which as a federal city and former capital still has international flair. On the way, in good weather, a visit to the Groov Leisure Island in the vast Rheinauen landscape of the Porz-Zündorf district of Cologne is worth a visit. Bonn is home to several museums such as the Haus der Geschichte and the Bundeskunsthalle, as well as the Beethovenhaus, the Rheinaue amusement park and the Federal District with the Path of Democracy which is also well worth a visit.
Bonn – Andernach
By bike, the tour goes in the direction of Andernach. Königswinter with Drachenburg Castle on the Drachenfels (steep climb) as well as Sea Life Königswinter with aquariums for a total of 6000 sea creatures is definitely worth a visit. Today's destination Andernach is known for being the world's largest cold-water geyser, whose water splashes in an impressive spectacle up to 60 meters high.
Andernach – Koblenz
Neuwied with the interesting castle Engers is on the route to Koblenz. The Moselle flows into the Rhine on the famous Deutsches Eck with the equestrian monument of Kaiser Wilhelm I. Another attraction is the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, where you can also take the Koblenzer Rheinseilbahn cable car. Cable car tickets are available on board.
The route continues by bike along the Rhine through the UNESCO World Heritage Middle Rhine Valley. You pass the romantic Marksburg, the only undeveloped hill fortress on the Middle Rhine, as well as the town of Boppard with the Electoral Castle, before reaching St. Goar. Here you will find the ruins of Rheinfels Castle, the largest castle ruins on the Rhine. Worth seeing are the castles, Katz and Maus, in St. Goarshausen on the other side of the Rhine.
Once again you will pass very beautiful Rhine castles such as Reichenstein Castle and Rheinstein Castle. You will cycle along the famous Loreley rock and eventually reach Rüdesheim. Get to know the historically important sights of Rüdesheim. Or treat yourself to a funicular ride to the Niederwald monument. From there you have a wonderful view of the old town of Rüdesheim and the river.
Rüdesheim – Mainz
In the last leg of this cycling tour, the Rhine once again shows its best side. Eltville am Rhein is the first stop. Worth seeing here is the princely castle, the symbol of the city. Mainz, today's final destination, presents itself with numerous impressive buildings. Perhaps visit the High Cathedral of St. Martin zu Mainz, one of the proud imperial domes in Germany, or the Electoral Palace. In the old town, you will find charming old streets and squares, such as Augustinerstraße and Kirschgarten, with beautiful half-timbered houses and wine taverns.
Return from Mainz
After breakfast, disembarkation is until 09.30 am.
The quality of the bike paths is perfect. The cycle path usually runs on paved bicycle and service roads or quiet country roads with no significant inclines. That is why this trip is also suitable for inexperienced cyclists.
| Season 1 |
01.07.2023 | 29.07.2023 |
|Cologne - Mainz, MS Olympia, DE-RHSKM-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Fixed price in double cabin for single use||1,199.00|
|Cologne - Mainz, MS Olympia, Upper Deck, DE-RHSKM-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Fixed price in double cabin for single use||1,289.00|
- 7 nights in outside cabins on board the MS Olympia in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunch for cycling or lunch snack, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course evening menu
- Welcome cocktail
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- GPS data available on request
- SE-Tours tour guide
- Bike rental
- Personal expenses
- Airport: Cologne
- Train: Cologne station, approx. 2 km from the pier
- Parking: Globus car park (guarded, only with reservation), approx. 6 km from the pier in Cologne, approx. €125 per week
- A minimum number of 75 people applies for this trip (at least 21 days before departure)
- Embarkation takes place between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM, disembarkation after breakfast no later than 09:30 AM
- Bicycles on board are equipped with a hand brake, freewheel or coaster brake (limited availability, please specify when booking as a non-binding preference) and bicycle bag
- It is possible to bring your own bicycles, due to the limited space on the sundeck you can only bring your own bicycle on request and only to a limited extent. Any damage to your bike is at your own risk
- Daily cycling tours are individual and unaccompanied, the tour guide remains on board. It is not mandatory to cycle the route, you can also stay on board and sail to the next port
- This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- If the cycling stages and rest times allow, an excursion program is offered, this can only be booked on board and paid in cash. Depending on the composition of the participants, the excursions can be offered bilingually German-English
- Sailing times, schedule and program changes are in principle reserved. For example, if a route cannot be completed due to low tide, high tide or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a valid reason to cancel your trip free of charge)
- Engine and generator noises can be heard in the cabins at the front and rear of the ship
Comfortable and cosy river ship with family environment. The ship was refurbished in 2015/2016.