Strasbourg to Mainz: MS Olympia
Cruise and cycle along the Rhine Cycle Path
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Meals included
- Total cycling distance: approx. 175 km
Arrival in Strasbourg
Embarkation in Strasbourg from 3 pm to 5 pm. Perhaps you have some time to explore the Alsatian capital with its many canals?
Strasbourg – Gambsheim
After breakfast, take the opportunity to visit the Alsatian capital Strasbourg with its many canals, the Strasbourg Cathedral or the picturesque tanning district with its historic half-timbered houses. Enjoy a slice of French joie de vivre before embarking on your first cycling tour.
You cycle directly along the Rhine through the rolling Rhine plain to the Gambsheim lock, where your ship awaits you for the onward journey to Germersheim. Use the time on deck or in the saloon and see the first impressions while enjoying a glass of wine.
Germersheim – Speyer
Today's cycling tour takes you along the old Rhine through seemingly untouched nature. Look out for the old fortified town of Germersheim with its many beautiful streets, corners and squares. Continue through the Palatinate to reach the cathedral city of Speyer. Speyer Cathedral has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1981.
Speyer – Mannheim
Today you can enjoy a short bike ride along the Altrhein, past beautiful lakes, through natural areas designated as nature reserves and natural floodplains. You will reach the square town of Mannheim, which has been nicknamed because of its street layout. In the squares, there are endless possibilities to spend your free time. The Baroque Palace - the largest Baroque castle complex in Germany and its water tower - is one of the city's landmarks.
Today you will cycle through the heart of the Electoral Palatinate. Schwetzingen Castle and its beautiful castle gardens are just two reasons to visit the attractive town. The route continues via Plankstadt and Eppelheim to Heidelberg. The castle ruins of Heidelberg Castle are visible from afar and tower over the old town. Stroll across Heidelberg's famous sandstone bridge or through the winding streets and dreamy squares of the Old Town. The road takes you on the other side of the Neckar via the Roman town of Ladenburg back to Mannheim.
Mannheim – Worms
Today you leave Mannheim and drive past meadows and fields along the Rhine to the Imperial city of Worms. During your walk through two millennia of city history, you will encounter emperors and kings, myths and legends of the Nibelungs, Judaism and Martin Luther.
Nierstein – Mainz
Enjoy the boat trip from Worms to Nierstein in the morning. With almost 1,000 hectares of vineyards, Nierstein is the largest wine-growing community on the Rhine. You can also visit the historic city centre with its medieval market square and noble houses. A short stage and plenty of time to enjoy yourself: you cycle directly along the Rhine from Nierstein on well-developed cycle paths on the Rhine Cycle Route to Mainz. If you want to cycle more, you can cycle directly from Worms to Mainz (approx. 60 km).
Return trip or extension
Breakfast until 09.30 am and disembarkation for your individual journey home.
The quality of the bike paths is perfect. The cycle path usually runs on paved roads, as well as along the Rhine dikes without special slopes. That is why this trip is also suitable for inexperienced cyclists.
| Season 1 |
17.06.2023 | 15.07.2023 |
|Strasbourg - Mainz, MS Olympia, DE-RHSSM-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Fixed price for double cabin in single use||1,199.00|
|Strasbourg - Mainz, MS Olympia, DE-RHSSM-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Fixed price for double cabin in single use||1,289.00|
- 7 nights in outside cabins on board the MS Olympia in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x packed lunch for cycling or lunch snack, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course evening menu
- Welcome cocktail
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- GPS data available on request
- SE-Tours tour guide
- Bike rental
- Personal expenses
- Airport: Strasbourg, Frankfurt, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden or Basel
- Train: Strasbourg/Kehl station, near the pier
- Parking: Gare Wodli parking garage approx. €28 per day
- A minimum number of 75 people applies for this trip (at least 21 days before departure)
- Embarkation takes place between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM, disembarkation after breakfast no later than 09:30 AM
- Bicycles on board are equipped with a hand brake, freewheel or coaster brake (limited availability, please specify when booking as a non-binding preference) and bicycle bag
- It is possible to bring your own bicycles, but due to the limited space on the sundeck, you can only bring your own bicycle on request and only to a limited extent. Any damage to your bike is at your own risk
- Daily cycling tours are individual and unaccompanied, the tour guide remains on board. It is not mandatory to cycle the route, you can also stay on board and sail to the next port
- This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- If the cycling stages and rest times allow, an excursion program is offered, this can only be booked on board and paid in cash. Depending on the composition of the participants, the excursions can be offered bilingually German-English
- Sailing times, schedule and program changes are in principle reserved. For example, if a route cannot be completed due to low tide, high tide or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a valid reason to cancel your trip free of charge)
- Engine and generator noises can be heard in the cabins at the front and rear of the ship
Comfortable and cosy river ship with family environment. The ship was refurbished in 2015/2016.