Chiemsee to Königssee
Experience traditional Bavaria in Oberbayern!
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Luggage transfers included
- Total cycling distance: approx. 170 km
After arrival, you have time to take a nice walk along the lake. In the evening you will receive the tour information and if you have reserved rental bikes, they will be adjusted to size.
The Chiemsee ring road is beautifully landscaped. It leads you along lonely coves and lively shores. Beautiful view of the lake while cycling leisurely. The shady beer gardens on the banks are ideal for long breaks. You can shorten parts of this stage by using a special bicycle bus (not included).
Cruise on the Chiemsee
The "Bavarian Lake" offers many possibilities for completing a wonderful day. The ship will take you to the island of Herrenchiemsee with the König-Ludwig castle and the island of Frauenchiemsee. Several villages and seaside resorts along the lake also make for a relaxing day.
The mountains are getting higher and higher, but the cycling route remains almost flat. Via the nature reserve "Bergener Moos" you reach the foot of the Chiemgau mountain, the Hochfelln (1674 m), the route leads you via Bad Adelholzen with its healing spring to Siegsdorf. From there you cycle along the river Rote Traun to the idyllic climatic health resort of Inzell. The mansions decorated with flowers are an eye-catcher of the climatic spa.
The route runs through the mountains of the German Alpine Road via Schneitzlreuth along the Saalach River to the spa town of Bad Reichenhall. Bad Reichenhall has been a recognized spa town since 1890 and is known for its brine wells. Alte Saline in Bad Reichenhall sells the salt of the Reichenhall brand, which is sold throughout Germany and far beyond. Here you will find the salt caves and you can follow the process of how salt is extracted. There is ample opportunity for a "wellness day" or a ride to the 1,600 m high Predigtstuhl with the legendary oldest cable car in the world.
A short bike ride to Berchtesgaden. Opportunity to visit the Obersalzberg and the Kehlsteinhaus. A few cycling kilometres away you will find the Königssee, you can take a boat trip on the famous lake with a visit to the famous pilgrimage chapel, the Bartholomä Monastery or the Saint Bartholomew's Church at the foot of the mighty Watzmann Mountains.
Return trip or extension
Unfortunately, after breakfast, your cycling tour at Lake Königssee ends. We are happy to extend your stay with an extra night if you wish.
The cycle route is considered easy. Short stages and few climbs ensure that cycling with pleasure is central. Sometimes you need a little more muscle power on the slightly hilly cycle paths, but it never takes long before you will continue on the road relaxed! Apart from some slight differences in elevation, the route mainly takes you on flat, cobbled roads, sometimes short sections on busy roads.
| Season 1 |
09.04.2023 - 22.04.2023
01.10.2023 - 08.10.2023
| Season 2 |
23.04.2023 - 13.05.2023
10.09.2023 - 30.09.2023
| Season 3 |
14.05.2023 - 09.09.2023
|Chiemsee to Königssee, DE-CGRCK-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||179.00||179.00||179.00|
- You will stay in carefully selected 3*** hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 9, 2023 - Apr 22, 2023
Oct 1, 2023 - Oct 8, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 23, 2023 - May 13, 2023
Sep 10, 2023 - Sep 30, 2023
| Season 3 |
May 14, 2023 - Sep 9, 2023
|Double room p.p.||89.00||89.00||89.00|
|Single room surcharge||39.00||39.00||39.00|
|Double room p.p.||99.00||99.00||99.00|
|Single room surcharge||19.00||19.00||19.00|
- 6 nights as described, including breakfast
- Cruise Chiemsee to Herren- and Frauen Insel, excluding bicycle
- Luggage transfer(s)
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- Own signage on the route
- GPS data available on request
- Service Hotline
- Tourist tax, if applicable, to be paid locally
- (Optional) transfer back to the starting point by minibus on Saturday afternoon, €89 per person excluding your own bicycle (surcharge 29). Advance reservation necessary.
- Airport: Munich or Memmingen Airport(s)
- Train: Bernau and Prien station
- Parking: Parking approx. € 20 to € 55 per week, to be paid on site or public free parking spaces, reservation not possible
- Departure: Good connection Bergtesgaden - Prien, 1 change. Travel time approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes
This is a sample hotel list. Hotels will be booked depending on availability.
Alpinhotel Inzeller 3***
Hotel Dora 3***