Classic Lake Constance
Cycle through three countries on one cycle tour
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Luggage transfers included
- Total cycling distance: approx. 270 km
Arrival in Konstanz
Enjoy a stroll through the very well-maintained old town of Constance with Town Hall, the Munster, and the maze of little alleyways of Niederburg. Not to forget the Mediterranean harbour with the famous “Imperia”.
Constance – Gailingen/Stein am Rhein/Wangen (Cat. A) or Gailingen/Stein am Rhein (Cat B)approx. 50 km (Cat. A) / 35 km (Cat. B)
On the southern shore of Lake Untersee, you cycle along the lake through picturesque Swiss fishing villages to Stein am Rhein with its frescoed medieval houses. From there it is only a stone’s throw to the town of Gallingen or to Wangen and Hemmenhofen.
Gailingen/Stein am Rhein/Wangen – Überlingen (Cat. A) or Ludwigshafen/Sipplingen/Überlingen (Cat. B)approx. 40 - 60 km
Today you will circumnavigate the Höri peninsula, where Otto Dix and Herman Hesse once lived. You take a break in the old imperial and present-day spa town of Radolfszell. Afterwards, you cross the Bodnarück and accept a very short gradient. The arrival at Lake Überlingen See compensates with great views of the Swabian Sea.
Überlingen – Lindau (Cat. A) or Ludwigshafen/Sipplingen/Überlingen – Kressbronn/Nonnenhorn (Cat. B)approx. 40 - 50 km
You cycle through vineyards to Friedrichshafen. On the way, you will pass the baroque pilgrimage church Birnau. In Meersburg, you should visit the beautiful old town and the old castle. A visit to the Zeppelin Museum in Friedrichshafen is worthwhile. Your journey continues to Kressbronn or to the island town of Lindau.
Lindau – Arbon (Cat. A) or Kressbronn/Nonnenhorn – Höchst/Rorschach (Cat. B)approx. 35 km (Cat. A) / 60 km (Cat. B)
Cycling through large orchards you reach Bavarian Lindau, a picturesque city on a peninsula. The next station is Bregenz. The capital of the Austrian federal country Vorarlberg is renowned for the yearly summer festival on the biggest lake stage worldwide. Afterwards, you cross the delta of the river Rhine, home of an important natural reserve.
You visit Romanshorn, Lake Constance's largest and most crucial Swiss port on your last day. Along the lake, you cross the apple-canton Thurgau. Tidy little half-timbered villages line the way back to Constance. Today you should visit the island of Mainau if you did not have the opportunity earlier. Return of rental bicycles and overnight in Constance.
The first three stages are slightly hilly, then it becomes flat, mostly on paved bike paths near the lake shores. Occasionally there are short, unpaved stretches, in the Friedrichshafen area the bike path is on the main road. Suitable for the whole family!
| Season 1 |
18.03.2023 - 31.03.2023
08.10.2023 - 22.10.2023
| Season 2 |
01.04.2023 - 10.05.2023
15.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 3 |
11.05.2023 - 25.05.2023
11.06.2023 - 30.06.2023
01.09.2023 - 14.09.2023
| Season 4 |
26.05.2023 - 10.06.2023
01.07.2023 - 31.08.2023
|Classic Lake Constance, Cat. A, BO-VA6-07A|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||249.00||249.00||249.00||249.00|
|Classic Lake Constance, Cat. B, BO-VA6-07B|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||199.00||199.00||199.00||199.00|
- Category A: You stay in 3*** and 4**** Hotels
- Category B: You stay in 2** and 3*** Hotels, Gasthöfen and Pensions
- 6 nights in the chosen category, including breakfast
- Entrance Rosgarten Museum in Konstanz including a cup of coffee
- Luggage transfer(s) max. 1 piece of luggage 20 kg per person
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- GPS data available on request
- Service Hotline
Tourist tax, if applicable, to be paid locally
- Airport: Zurich Airport
- Train: Konstanz Station
- Parking: Fenced at the Radweg Reisen office, costs €45 per trip, to be paid on site, reservation not possible. Free parking on the public road
- Parking garage: (Fischmarkt, Dammgasse, Lago, Old Town, Benediktinerplatz), costs about €10 to €20 per day
- Hotel parking: (available in individual hotels, with costs, and details in the travel documents)