Cycle along the Isar Cycle Route
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Luggage transfers included
- Total cycling distance: approx. 305 km
Arrival in Munich
Individual arrival and information meeting and issuance of the rental bicycles. The many sights of the city await their visitors.
From Munich via Forstenrieder Park to Lake Starnberg. From Starnberg via the cycle path that lies directly on the shores of the lake towards Seeshaupt. On beautiful trails through original Bavarian villages along the Ostersee and Riegsee to Murnau am Staffelsee
First through the Murnauer Moos nature reserve (the largest peat bog in Central Europe). Then it continues through untouched nature along the river Loisach to Garmisch Partenkirchen. Today's stage has been deliberately kept short, so there is still time for a ride on the Zugspitze railway at 2962 m altitude (on your own). From there you have a beautiful view over the Alps.
By train, 300 meters difference in height is bridged to Scharnitz. From there, the light goes uphill through natural gorges and through lush alpine meadows to the source of the River Isar. Back through the sunny valley with beautiful panoramas of the Karwendel and Wetterstein mountains via Mittenwald to Wallgau, a place where Bavarian traditions still live on.
Wallgau – Bad Tölz
Today you follow the Isar to the crystal clear, turquoise blue water of the impressive Sylvensteinsee. Via Lenggries you continue through the atmospheric landscape to Bad Tölz. This town is located at the intersection of two ancient trade routes; the Isar and the old salt road from Reichenhall to the Allgäu. This city quickly developed into the thriving heart of trade. The richly decorated mansions bear witness to this period of prosperity.
Through the charming Tegernsee landscape to Gmund with a beautiful view of the lake. Via the Gaißbachtal back to Bad Tölz. The local market street has served as the backdrop for the well-known television series "Der Bulle von Tölz".
Bad Tölz – Munich
The Isar cycle route leads over Geretsried and Wolfratshausen to Grünwald. A few small climbs have to be overcome until the state capital is reached again. Enjoy the many attractions that the city has to offer.
Return trip or extension
This cycling holiday ends after breakfast, or you can book an extension to enjoy it longer.
A generally easy tour. A few short climbs can also be conquered almost effortlessly. You will cycle on beautiful cycle paths and small secondary roads, main roads only in short stretches. The route is mostly asphalted, with some longer stretches on well-travelled natural roads.
| Season 1 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
| Season 2 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
| Season 3 |
13.05.2023 - 09.09.2023
|Munich Lakes, DE-MURMM-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||289.00||289.00||289.00|
- You will stay in 3*** hotels, in Munich in a 4**** hotel
- On request, it is also possible to follow a number of stages of this journey
| Season 1 |
Apr 8, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
| Season 3 |
May 13, 2023 - Sep 9, 2023
|Double room p.p.||99.00||99.00||99.00|
|Single room surcharge||75.00||75.00||75.00|
- 7 nights as described, including breakfast
- Train ticket Garmisch Partenkirchen-Scharnitz
- 1x 'Weißwurst breakfast'
- Personal welcome meeting (German, English)
- Luggage transfer(s)
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- Own signage on the entire route
- GPS data available on request
- Service Hotline
- Tourist tax, if applicable, to be paid on site
- Bicycle surcharge for the Garmisch-Scharnitz train ticket, costs approx. €5 per bicycle
- Train: Munich Station
- Airport: Munich Airport
- Parking: Garage approx. €49 for 8 days, approx. €59 for 10 days, payable locally, no reservation possible/necessary. Free, unguarded parking near the hotel, reservation not possible/necessary
- Half board: Dinner in the hotel restaurant or in a restaurant in the immediate vicinity with a voucher