Venice to Florence
Connecting two of Italy's famous cities by bike
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Luggage transfers included
- Total cycling distance: approx. 305 km
Arrival in Venice/Mestre
The hotel is on the mainland opposite Venice with excellent bus links to the lagoon city. At the beginning of the trip, a small grappa tasting will be prepared for you, not far from St. Mark's Square!
In the morning you will receive the tour information. You cross the Bridge of Freedom to Venice via the cycle path. Take the ferry to the Lido and continue by bike via Pellestrina with a beautiful view over the sea to Chioggia: a quiet town reminiscent of the Venetian domination of the seas and which invites you to eat delicious food in the typical fish restaurants. Overnight stay in Chioggia / Sottomarina with a wide sandy beach.
On roads with little traffic, today's stage leads first to the river Adige. This leads through fertile fields, melon plantations and quiet villages to the town of Adria. A friendly, small town with lots of charm. Founded by the Etruscans because of its proximity to the rivers Adige and Po. Today, the branched canals, narrow streets, cosy cafes and friendly people are the main attractions for visitors.
A short distance the route first leads along the longest river in Italy, the Po. Then the route goes through its tributary, the Po di Goro, through the middle of the estuary towards the sea. Perhaps a cooling dip in the Adriatic before reaching the enchanting town of Comacchio? Magnificent Italian Palaces, richly decorated churches and numerous bridges still bear witness to the wealth once obtained through the extraction of salt.
The first part of the day will be spent visiting the Delta del Po Natural Park with its unique flora and fauna. At a dam, you think you are cycling right through the water while the flamingos nest just a few metres away. After a short ferry ride (about €2 per person) you will drive along the coast. Wide beaches accompany the cyclists to Ravenna. The art and culture of this port city fascinate its visitors time and again.
The foothills of the Apennines form rolling hills and thus change the landscape. First, on the edge of the vast plain, Faenza is quickly reached. A charming town where world-famous ceramics are made. You can look over the shoulders of the artists while painting. Now it is not far to the final destination of the day, Brisighella. An idyllic, medieval village, dominated by the Rocca Veneziana and the Torre Orologgio. Peace and pure relaxation await you here.
The day begins with a beautiful train journey through the pristine mountains of the Apennines to Borgo San Lorenzo. Two short climbs have to be climbed by bike today. The reward is an exhilarating descent via Fiesole to Florence, the historic capital of Tuscany.
Return trip or extension
This tour can be easily combined with the Bolzano-Venice, Florence-Rome or Tuscany tour.
Flat route until the fifth day. On the sixth day three to four light hills. On the seventh day two short ascents and a long descent. You cycle on dikes, cycle paths and car-free service roads. Only very short stretches on busy roads. Mostly paved roads. A bike ride for everyone!
| Season 1 |
01.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
30.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
09.09.2023 - 29.09.2023
| Season 3 |
13.05.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Venice to Florence, IT-VERVF-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||309.00||309.00||309.00|
- You will stay in carefully selected 3*** and 4**** Hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 1, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
Sep 30, 2023 - Oct 7, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 29, 2023
| Season 3 |
May 13, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Double room p.p.||75.00||75.00||75.00|
|Single room surcharge||55.00||55.00||55.00|
|Double room p.p.||125.00||125.00||125.00|
|Single room surcharge||89.00||89.00||89.00|
- 7 nights as described, including breakfast
- Travelcard (24 hours) for public transport in Venice
- Grappa Tasting in Venice
- Train trip Brisighella – Borgo San Lorenzo including bike
- Personal welcome meeting (German, English)
- Luggage transfer(s)
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- Own signage on the route
- GPS data available on request
- Service Hotline
- Tourist tax, if applicable, to be paid locally
- Bicycle tickets for ferries in Venice, approx. €3 per bike, ferry ride to Marina di Ravenna approx. €2 per person including bike
- (Optional) Return transfer by minibus every Sunday morning €85 per person excluding bicycle (surcharge €19), reservation required, to be paid on site
- Train: Venice Mestre station
- Airport: Venice or Treviso Airport
- Parking: Garage approximately €50 per week
- Departure: Very good train connections from Florence back to Venice
This is a sample hotel list. Hotels will be booked depending on availability.
Hotel Mercure 4****
Hotel Grande Italia 4****
Hotel Stella d’ Italia 4****
Locanda La Comacina 3***
Hotel Centrale Byron 3***
La Rocca 3***
Hotel Una Vittoria 4****