Inn Cycle Path: St Moritz to Innsbruck
From St. Moritz to Innsbruck along the Inn Cycle Path
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Luggage transfers included
- Total cycling distance: approx. 230 km
Arrival in St. Moritz
Direct arrival in St. Moritz or arrival in Innsbruck with a bus transfer to St. Moritz.
Enjoy the fascinating surroundings of St. Moritz today and cycle around the lake to the origin of the Inn.
Via Samedan (old tower), La Punt (early gothic San Andreas church with frescoes) and Zuoz (window paintings in the church of San Luzi) to Zernez. We cycle through the high valley of the Upper Engadine. Zernez is the gateway to the National Park.
First, we go to Lavin, which has retained the character of an old mountain village. The place name of the beautiful village of Guarda ("Look!") comes from the beautiful view that you can enjoy here. The final destination today is Scuol, with the adventure pool "Bogn Engiadina" and the castle Tarasp, the majestic landmark of the Engadine.
From Scoul, we reach the Austrian border via Martina and we cycle via Pfunds and Tösens to Ried / Prutz. Along the Inn, the route takes us through the famous Finstermünster gorge. Worth a look are the village centres of Stuben and Pfunds in Tyrol.
Via the "High Court" of Ried and via Prutz to Landeck (castle with castle museum, the ruins of Schrofenstein, Gerberbrücke: scene of the Tyrolean freedom fights). It continues past the monastery of Zams and through the protected Milser Au to Imst (a city of fountains, numerous churches and chapels). Worth a visit to the rose garden gorge.
Small, well-maintained villages line the Inn Cycle Route. The cultural highlight of today's tour is the monastery of Stams with the Stiftkerk and the beautiful rose work. Countless churches and ruins keep an eye on the Inn Valley from above. The “Martinswand” leads the cyclists to Innsbruck with its well-maintained old town and the various sights (Goldenes Dachl, Stadtturm, Hofburg, Hofgarten, Helbinghaus).
Return trip or extension
After breakfast, your cycling holiday comes to an end, or extend it and enjoy this beautiful area even further.
Many cycle paths, well-maintained forest paths and unpaved roads, and slightly hilly. Two to three medium ascents and even descents.
| Season 1 |
03.05.2024 - 16.05.2024
20.09.2024 - 28.10.2024
| Season 2 |
17.05.2024 - 13.06.2024
30.08.2024 - 19.09.2024
| Season 3 |
14.06.2024 - 29.08.2024
|Inn Cycle Path, St. Moritz-Innsbruck, CH-INRSI-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||329.00||329.00||329.00|
Hotel information: You will stay in carefully selected 3**** hotels. In Innsbruck and St. Moritz, you'll stay in 4**** hotels.
| Season 1 |
May 3, 2024 - May 16, 2024
Sep 20, 2024 - Oct 28, 2024
| Season 2 |
May 17, 2024 - Jun 13, 2024
Aug 30, 2024 - Sep 19, 2024
| Season 3 |
Jun 14, 2024 - Aug 29, 2024
|Double room p.p.||125.00||125.00||125.00|
|Single room surcharge||89.00||89.00||89.00|
|Double room p.p.||79.00||79.00||79.00|
|Single room surcharge||35.00||35.00||35.00|
- 7 nights as described, including breakfast
- Personal welcome meeting and info discussion (German, English)
- Luggage transfer(s)
- Own signage on the route
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels
- GPS data available on request
- Service Hotline
- Tourist tax, if applicable, to be paid locally
- (Optional) Transfer every Friday morning from Innsbruck to St. Moritz, costs per person €125 per person excluding your own bicycle (surcharge €29), reservation required, payment in advance.
- Train: St. Moritz station
- Airport: Innsbruck Airport or Munich
- Parking: St. Moritz garage CHF15 per night; free public parking near the hotel. Parking Innsbruck garage approx. CHF55 per week to be paid on site, no reservation possible
- Departure: Return Innsbruck-St. Moritz by public transport, 2 to 4 changes
- Half board: Dinner in the hotel restaurant or in a restaurant in the immediate vicinity with a voucher
This is a sample hotel list. Hotels will be booked depending on availability.
Hotel San Gian ****
Hotel Spöl ***
Gasthof Riederstubn ***
Hotel Hirschen ***