Kitzbuheler Alps Vistas
Hiking in the Pinzgau and Pillersee valley
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Luggage transfers included
- Total walking distance: approx. 90 km
Arrival in Maishofen
Maishofen – Maria Alm
You start with a beautiful walk over the Kammereggalm to the Schwalbenwand, the famous double peak of the Pinzgauer grass mountains. An impressive hike with an unforgettable view of the variedly shaped mountains around you. Through the forest of the "Hofer Plattl" you reach the restaurant Hinterreit and climb further via the peace chapel to Maria Alm, an idyllic farming village and pilgrimage place.
In the footsteps of the pilgrims, you walk across meadows and through a fantastic raised moor area to the rocky peaks of the "Stone Sea". Via scenic mountain paths to the Steinalm, a sunny high meadow with a hut to stop for a while. The descent is via a path that leads to the impressive chapel Einsiedelei. You enter the historic town of Saalfelden via the knight's castle of Lichtenberg.
From the Vorderkaserklamm in Weissbach, you walk along flowing streams on a varied path to the fantastically located mountain meadow Hochkaser, a lonely pass crossing that takes you between the steeply rising peaks of the Leogang and the Loferer Steinberge on the Tyrolean side. Via the Niederkaseralm and through the Grieseltal, your path leads along wild riverbeds to the beautiful Pillerseetal, with the Loferer Steinberge mountain range in the background.
Over lush green meadows and with a view of the Kitzbühel Alps, you walk into a deep valley, from where a hiking trail leads you, under the cable car of the magnesite mine, to the Bürgeralm. After a hearty lunch and well strengthened by the best sweet "Buchteln", you finally descend via a beautiful forest and mountain path to the famous place Saalbach-Hinterglemm. Or will you climb one of the many inviting mountain peaks?
Enjoy a rest day in the 'sports region', take advantage of one of the advantages of your 'Joker-Card' or take a relaxing walk to the Lindlingalm, where everything revolves around the wood in the wood park. Walk in a circle along the Saalalm to the valley and from there up towards Forsthofalm. There you should not miss a glass of homemade buttermilk with a panoramic view of the Saalachtal.
Finally, one of the most beautiful mountain trails in the Alps awaits you! From Saalbach, take the funicular up to the Schattberg, from where your hike begins via the "Pinzgauer Route". At an altitude of almost 2,000 meters and with fantastic views of the surrounding mountain peaks, it heads towards Schmittenhöhe. Enjoy the fascinating panoramic view of the many 3000m high mountains again. By cable car to Zell am See and by bus back to Maishofen.
Return trip or extension
Beautiful mountain walks on good walking and forest trails. The varied hike requires a good basic condition for the hikes up to 6 hours, as well as a certain amount of gait. Some alternative routes are possible. If you like Alpine landscapes and breathtaking vistas, this is the tour for you!
| Season 1 |
27.05.2023 - 11.06.2023
04.09.2023 - 17.09.2023
| Season 2 |
12.06.2023 - 02.07.2023
21.08.2023 - 03.09.2023
| Season 3 |
03.07.2023 - 20.08.2023
|Kitzbüheler Alps Vistas, AT-ZEWMA-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Half board supplement||159.00||159.00||159.00|
|Single room surcharge||149.00||149.00||149.00|
You will stay in carefully selected 3**** and 4**** Hotels and Guesthouses
| Season 1 |
May 27, 2023 - Jun 11, 2023
Sep 4, 2023 - Sep 17, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jun 12, 2023 - Jul 2, 2023
Aug 21, 2023 - Sep 3, 2023
| Season 3 |
Jul 3, 2023 - Aug 20, 2023
|Double room p.p.||79.00||79.00||79.00|
|Single room surcharge||25.00||25.00||25.00|
- 7 nights as described, including breakfast
- Schattberg cable car mountain ride
- Dalrit Schmittenhöhe Cable Car
- Saalbach-Hinterglemm 'Sommerjoker Card'
- Personal welcome meeting (German, English)
- Luggage transfer(s)
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- GPS data available on request
- Service Hotline
- Tourist tax, if applicable, to be paid locally
- Bus rides (Saalfelden-Weissbach, Pillersee-Fieberbrunn, Zell am See-Maishofen), approx. €12 per person
- Train: Station Zell am See. From there a short bus or taxi ride, approx. €15 one way, to Maishofen
- Parking: Free parking at the hotel, no reservation required
- Half board: Dinner in the hotel restaurant or in a restaurant in the immediate vicinity with a voucher
- Schattberg cable car mountain ride only from mid-June to late September, depending on snow conditions on the Schattberg