Arrival at Lake Wolfgangsee
On your walk along a walking trail to Falkenstein rock wall, you enjoy beautiful views of the lake. An idyllic path along the lake takes you into Mozart village St. Gilgen. Return by boat.
St. Wolfgang – Bad Ischl
From St. Wolfgang on Saddle walk to lake Schwarzensee. Here the lake cabin of Lore is worth a stop for the delicious homemade snacks. Via Wirer gorge into the valley and around Bürglstein to the lake promenade of Strobl. By coach into the ancient Imperial summer residence Bad Ischl.
Day off in Bad Ischl
Use your free time to explore the many places of interest in Bad Ischl. ‘Kaiservilla’ Emperor Franz Josef’s summer residence, Café Zauner with famous delicacies or a visit to the Salzkammergut thermal spa.
Bad Ischl – Hallstatt
Salt always has been an essential source of income in Salzkammergut. The oldest brine pipeline in the world leads from Hallstatt’s salt mine to the salt works in Bad Ischl. Walk along the promenade into Kaltenbachau, a site of Imperial pleasures such as horse races, picnics and rendezvous. On the brine pipeline trail to Bad Goisern, the gateway to UNESCO heritage Hallstatt. By train to Hallstatt. If you want to walk a little higher, you can hike on the spectacular mountain trail of the “Eternal Wall”.
Round trip Hallstatt
Continue on the brine pipeline trail to the salt mountain in Hallstatt (the salt mine dates back to Celtic times). Here you enjoy a scenic view of the lake and Dachstein massif. Plan a visit to the salt mine, enjoy the views from the top of Rudolf’s tower and visit the excavation sites.
Hallstatt – St. Wolfgang
By train to Bad Ischl. Along the romantic Sissi-Path, you walk to the tiny lake Nussensee then along river Ischl back to lake Wolfgangsee. Through the nature reserve Blinklingmoos along the lake back to today’s stop-over.
Departure or extension
This tour combines pleasant walking with culture and places of interest. The walking paths are good, there are just some short ascents on smaller serpentine paths. We can recommend this tour to families.
| Season 1 |
06.05.2023 - 28.05.2023
18.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
29.05.2023 - 18.06.2023
04.09.2023 - 17.09.2023
| Season 3 |
19.06.2023 - 03.09.2023
|Lake Walking in Austria’s Salzkammergut with Charm, AT-SKWWO-08D|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||349.00||349.00||349.00|
Category: You stay in selected hotels with special "extras" and can really enjoy all the facilities of the charming accommodations.
| Season 1 |
May 6, 2023 - May 28, 2023
Sep 18, 2023 - Oct 7, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 29, 2023 - Jun 18, 2023
Sep 4, 2023 - Sep 17, 2023
| Season 3 |
Jun 19, 2023 - Sep 3, 2023
|Double room p.p||179.00||199.00||219.00|
|Single room surcharge||79.00||79.00||79.00|
|Double room p.p||169.00||169.00||189.00|
|Single room surcharge||25.00||25.00||25.00|
|Extra night p.p / BB||119.00||129.00||129.00|
|Surcharge single room||39.00||39.00||39.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- 1 Cruise fare Wolfgangsee
- Ferry fare Wolfgangsee, Hallstättersee
- 1 Valley cable car fare Salzbergbahn Hallstatt
- Train fare from Hallstatt to Bad Goisern, from Bad Goisern to Bad Ischl
- 1 Salzkammergut Erlebnis Card (reductions for cable cars, thermal bath Bad Ischl, salt mine Hallstatt, Boat rides etc.)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
Transfers from/to airport/station Salzburg upon request.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Salzburg, by bus to Wolfgangsee (approx. 1 hour). Or by train to Bad Ischl and by bus to Wolfgangsee (approx. 30 min). Pick-up service from the bus stop by the hotel.
- Salzburg or Munich airports.
- Parking: mostly free hotel car park available, partly public car park, approx. EUR 30 per week. No reservation is required.
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus ride Strobl – Bad Ischl, approx. EUR 4 per person