Piedmont and Liguria
From the vineyards to San Remo
Arrival in Alba
Discover the gourmet town of Alba with its pretty old town and its numerous bars that invite you to taste Piedmontese specialities.
Alba – Monforte
An enchanting hike takes you through the vineyards with fantastic views of the Langhe region. Via La Morra, known for its numerous vinotheques, goes along the vines of the famous Barolo wine to the centre of the grapes, to the world-famous village of Barolo. Here you stroll through the alleys to the castle and enjoy a glass of fine wine. You walk along a forest path to the beautiful hilltop village of Monforte.
Monforte – Bossolasco
At first, it's hilly through the vineyards, but soon you'll come across more and more hazelnut orchards and the picturesque towns of Roddino and Serravalle, where you can enjoy the panoramic view on the "Balcony of the Langhe". On hiking trails up into the "Alta Langa", the rose village of Bossolasco welcomes you with wonderfully fragrant flowers and an imposing location at the top of the mountain range.
Bossolasco – Millesimo
Along the ridge and grazing flocks of sheep in the direction of Murazzano, where the famous cheese is made. Through lonely farmland and wide cornfields with views of the snow-covered Maritime Alps, you climb today to the highest peak in the Langhe region. Old stone houses and chapels line your way, on a clear day you can see the sea! Short transfer to the town of Millesimo, whose old town is one of the most beautiful town centers in Italy, the "Borghi piu belli d`Italia".
Millesimo – Bardineto
Today you hike the first stage in the Liguria region. After a short drive to the Melogno Pass, the path "Alta Via dei Monti Liguri" leads through endless beech forests. Climb a mountain trail to the top of Monte Carmo, from where you can almost touch the sea. In the evening you reach the small town of Bardineto, which is surrounded by wooded mountain ranges and is particularly well-known for its mushroom specialities.
Bardineto – Albenga
Look forward to a fantastic hike on the Ligurian long-distance hiking trail "Sentiero Liguria". Spectacular panoramic views of mountains, coast and islands accompany you on the path that meanders along the ridge towards the sea. The leisurely variant leads to the medieval town of Castelvecchio and down to Zuccarello, from where you can take the bus to Albenga. For an overnight stay, you are right by the sea today, so enjoy a dip in the waves and taste local fish at the beach restaurant.
Albenga – San Remo
In the end, a scenic coastal hike awaits you! First by the sea, then up to the "Alta Via Baia del Sole". A truly fantastic hiking trail along fragrant macchia bushes leads you over the summit of Monte Bignone. You hike down through terraced fields and orchards to the coastal town of Alassio, where you can experience the flair of Italian ice cream parlours and well-kept lidos. Spectacular views of the turquoise-blue sea on the Riviera of Flowers accompany you on your train journey to the famous San Remo.
Departure or tour extension
In the first stages of the Langhe, you hike hilly on gravel, forest and field paths through vineyards and forests. In the Monti Liguri, you can walk on good forest and forest paths as well as on stony paths over the mountain ranges, where sure-footedness is required for short passages. Narrow paths await you along the coast, as well as beautiful but above all promising hiking trails. There are easier options to choose from on almost every hiking day.
| Season 1 |
01.04.2023 - 22.04.2023
17.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
23.04.2023 - 20.05.2023
03.09.2023 - 16.09.2023
| Season 3 |
21.05.2023 - 02.09.2023
|Piedmont and Liguria, IT-PIWAS-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||299.00||299.00||299.00|
Category: 1x 4*** hotel (Alba) 3*** and middle class hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 1, 2023 - Apr 22, 2023
Sep 17, 2023 - Oct 7, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 23, 2023 - May 20, 2023
Sep 3, 2023 - Sep 16, 2023
| Season 3 |
May 21, 2023 - Sep 2, 2023
|Double room p.p||85.00||85.00||85.00|
|Single room surcharge||55.00||55.00||55.00|
|Double room p.p||95.00||95.00||115.00|
|Single room surcharge||69.00||69.00||69.00|
- Overnight stays as stated
- luggage transfer
- Transfers according to the program
- 1 wine tasting (EN)
- Well-planned route guidance
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- Navigation app and GPS data available
- Service hotline
- Airport transfer Milan (Malpensa, Linate) – Alba: €315 for up to 2 people, €359 for up to 4 people, €459 for up to 8 people, duration approx. 2 hours.
- Airport transfer Milan (Orio al Serio) – Alba: €379 for up to 2 people, €419 for up to 4 people, €515 for up to 8 people, duration approx. 2.5 hours.
- Airport transfer Turin (Caselle) – Alba: €185 for up to 2 people, €225 for up to 4 people, €299 for up to 8 people, duration approx. 1.5 hours.
- Return transfer by minibus to Alba, costs €105 per person, and €29 per dog (Saturday only). Reservation required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train to Alba. From Turin in approx. 1.5 hours to Alba (1 change) or in approx. 3 hours from Milan to Alba (2 changes).
- Turin or Milan airports.
- Parking: Hotel parking spaces approx. EUR 15 per day. No pre-reservation possible.
- Return journey from San Remo to Alba by train in approx. 5 to 6 hours (1 to 2x change).
- Visitor's tax, if due, is not included in the travel price
- For arrivals in July and August double night in San Remo instead of a night in Albenga.
- A short journey by public transport to Albenga, approx. €7 per person
- Train ride Alassio – San Remo, approx. € 6 per person
- Train journeys to/from San Remo for arrivals in July and August, approx. EUR 12 per person
- Special dates on request