Piedmont: Barbaresco to Barolo
A culinary discovery tour around Piedmont
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Wine tasting included
- Transfers as per itinerary included
Arrival in Alba
Welcome to the truffle capital! The medieval city with its beautiful palaces and towers ("City of the Hundred Towers") invites you for a first acquaintance.
Alba – Treiso
You will walk at your leisure along the River Tanaro to Barbaresco, the first "wine capital" of your walking week. Barbaresco is all about the noble grape juice, you can taste the "little brother of the Barolos" best in the Enoteca Regionale, in the converted church of San Donato. Your route takes you through the typical landscape of the Langhe region, past extensive vineyards to picturesque Neive. Overnight stay in Treiso in the heart of the Langa del Barbaresco, this is where the Romans spent all their holidays.
Treiso – Cravanzana
Via the 'Rocche di Sette Fratelli', a deep gorge located between the rolling vineyards, you reach the hamlet of Canta. With a beautiful panoramic view, you will walk in the direction of San Bovo and finally the flower village of Castino, located on a hill between the valleys of Bormida and Belbo. In the Middle Ages this was a rich centre with three monasteries, today the first tourist truffle forest in the region can be admired here. Your route will lead you to Cravanzana on the top of a hill between chestnut and hazelnut trees.
Cravanzana – Bossolasco
From the centre of hazelnut production, your path gradually leads through the upper Belbo Valley, known for potato cultivation, via Feisoglio to Niella Belbo. The style of the medieval village was characterized by the passage of Napoleon, hence the nickname "dei francesi". After a ridge with a beautiful view of sleepy villages and ancient walls, you reach San Benedetto with the lake of the same name. A short transfer will take you to the famous flower town of Bossolasco.
Today you will walk through hilly terrain, each time accompanied by hazelnut trees, to the small village of Serravalle Langhe. Via the Bric della Vacca and the vineyards, it continues to Roddino. After a short break at St Mary's Church, the medieval farming village of Sinio is your next destination. The wine has got you here again! The path winds through the vineyards up to the town and the medieval castle of Serralunga d'Alba.
Today's route leads through light hazel forests and other natural beauty to the enchanting Monforte d'Alba. The imposing clock tower and Scarampi Palace can be seen from afar. Medieval Monforte invites you to explore the winding streets and grab a bite to eat in one of the many restaurants and wine shops. With enchanting views of the valley, you will walk to the world-famous wine town of Barolo, where you will be rewarded with a tasting of fine wines.
Barolo – Alba
You will walk through the vineyards of the best wines in the world to the idyllic village of La Morra, known as the "balcony of the Langhe". Once again, enjoy the impressive panorama of the entire Barolo area, on clear days the view extends as far as the Alps and Monte Viso. You walk back to Alba via the castles of Verduno and Roddi.
Return trip or extension
Your walking holiday ends after breakfast. If you want to enjoy this beautiful region even longer, you can book an extension.
The daily stages with walks of up to 5 hours are hilly and go through vineyards and forests. Along good hiking trails interspersed with mule trails, gravel roads and partly paved roads. Take some basic fitness with you, so that the walks to the somewhat higher medieval villages are also enjoyable.
| Season 1 |
01.04.2023 - 22.04.2023
24.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
23.04.2023 - 20.05.2023
03.09.2023 - 23.09.2023
| Season 3 |
21.05.2023 - 02.09.2023
|Piedmont Barbaresco to Barolo, IT-PIWAL-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||289.00||289.00||289.00|
- You will stay in Alba in a 4 **** hotel, furthermore in carefully selected middle class hotels and beautiful Italian country houses "Agriturismo", some with swimming pool
| Season 1 |
Apr 1, 2023 - Apr 22, 2023
Sep 24, 2023 - Oct 7, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 23, 2023 - May 20, 2023
Sep 3, 2023 - Sep 23, 2023
| Season 3 |
May 21, 2023 - Sep 2, 2023
|Double room p.p.||85.00||85.00||85.00|
|Single room supplement||55.00||55.00||55.00|
- 7 nights as described, including breakfast
- Wine tasting (English)
- Transfers according to program
- Luggage transfer(s) max. 1 piece of luggage 20 kg per person
- Travel folder 1 x per room (German, English with route and overview maps, detailed route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers, luggage labels)
- GPS data available on request
- Service Hotline
- Tourist tax, if applicable, to be paid locally
- (Optional) Airport Transfers:
- Milan (Malpensa, Linate) – Alba: €315 (up to 2 persons), €359 (up to 4 persons), €459 (up to 8 persons), duration approx. 2 hours
- Milan (Orio al Serio) – Alba: €379 (up to 2 people), €419 (up to 4 people), €515 (up to 8 people), duration approx. 2.5 hours
- Turin (Caselle) – Alba: €185 (up to 2 persons), €225 to (up to 4 persons) €299 (up to 8 persons), duration approx. 1.5 hours
- Plane: Airport Milan or Turin, then by train from Turin approx. 1.5 hours to Alba (1x change) or approx. 3 hours from Milan to Alba (2x changes)
- Train: Alba Station
- Parking: Hotel parking approx. €15 per day. No reservation possible